Core Condition Pilates and Massage (CCPM) is proud to deliver personalised, quality and a friendly experience to each customer. CCPM appreciates the importance of protecting your personal information and recognises the trust you have placed in us by providing your personal information.
CCPM will control the collection, security, quality, storage, use and disclosure of personal information in accordance with the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, National Privacy Principles (APP’s).
This Policy explains the type of information we collect and hold about customers, suppliers and prospective customers, how and why we collect it, what we do with that information and who we share it with, your right to seek access to the records we hold about you, and also your right to make a privacy complaint.
The expression ‘personal information’ is used in this policy to refer to information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
By collecting this personal information we are able to:
- Contact you when and where necessary;
- Ensure that you attain the best possible service; and
- Identify you and protect you from any unauthorised access to your personal information.
If you choose not to provide personal information to us, we may not be able to provide you with access to parts of the website or to certain content, products and services available on or from our website, or in our studio.
Collection and use of personal information
The type of personal information that CCPM collects about you depends on the transactions you undertake with the organisation. For example, we will collect personal information from you if you:
- Register a service enquiry via the website corecpm.com.au or via our social media
- Participate in studio sessions and classes, or via online streaming
- Subscribe to a newsletter
- Register for an event
Generally speaking, the purpose of collection and the minimum information you need to provide will be conveyed to you at the time of collection – it may include your name, date of birth, mailing and email address, contract number, as well as your general health, occupation, lifestyle and hobbies.
As a general rule, we do not collect “sensitive information”. Sensitive information is a type of personal information that has a special definition under Australian law. It can include, but is not limited to, information about your health, opinions and beliefs. However, if we do collect sensitive information, it will usually be for the purposes of providing our services and we will seek your consent to collect it. A completed medical history form is required prior to the first class or session.
If you choose not to provide the personal information requested, CCPM may not be able to provide you with the products/services you require.
Use and disclosure of personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- Provide the products and services you have requested
- Administer and manage service offerings, including charging, billing and collecting debts
- Administer the website http://www.corecpm.com.au and enabling your access to use the website services
- Research and development of CCPM’s service offerings
- Maintain participation records
- Gain an understanding of your information and communication needs to provide you with a better service
- Provide access to information about current and future services and benefits offered
- Conduct research and surveys to identify and analyse the ongoing needs of participants, and
- Provide CCPM partners with information so that they may contact you in relation to their service offerings.
Disclosure of Information
CCPM may disclose your personal information to third party organisations, which may include:
- External service providers to whom CCPM has contracted out functions, such as advertising agencies, but only for the purpose of providing the service CCPM has contracted out
- Member benefits and partners
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law
- CCPM’s professional advisers
You may at any time opt out of certain service offerings. In these situations, we prohibit third party contractors from using personal information about you except for the specific purpose for which we supply it.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent, unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law, or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
CCPM takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
We recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information, and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal details
CCPM will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
CCPM employees and contractors are trained to treat member and other customer information with the utmost confidentiality.
We view unauthorised disclosure of your personal information as a serious breach of misconduct by our employees, contractors and suppliers. If the disclosure of personal information is breached, disciplinary or legal action will be taken.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the personal information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your personal information, please contact us in writing.
CCPM will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your personal information.
In order to protect your personal information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Resolving your concerns
If an individual has a complaint about a breach of their privacy, or any questions on how their personal information is handled, please address issues to:
The Principal at: firstname.lastname@example.org and CCPM will respond to your request within 7 days.
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and the protection of your privacy, visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner website at : www.oaic.gov.au